‘By the Sea’ by Epameinondas Thomopoulos
Oil on canvas, 30 x 42 cm, signed lower right
Epameinondas Thomopoulos (1878-1976) was one of Greece’s most celebrated artists and considered among the country’s first impressionist painters.
He studied painting in Italy and in 1915 was appointed a professor in the Athens School of Fine Art. In 1927 he won the prestigious Academy of Athens Award and was elected president of the Academy in 1962.
Seascapes were among his earliest artistic passions. His work can be
seen in the collections of the National Gallery of Greece, the municipal galleries of Athens and Patras, the Averoff Gallery, the Leventis Gallery and is included in a large number of public and private collections in Greece and internationally.
Greek Shipping Hall of Fame
Virtual Induction Ceremony 2020
Streaming on Monday 5 October 2020 at 18:00 Athens Time
Competition Rules & Conditions
- The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 2020 will take place on Monday 5 October 2020 streaming at 18:00 Athens time
- The shipping industry, whether based in Greece or overseas, is invited to join this free-to-view Virtual Event which will be a celebration of Greek shipping and will unveil the latest Inductees to the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame
- The Virtual Induction Ceremony will feature a Competition and all viewers, provided they are at least 18 years of age, are invited to take part, free of charge
- The Competition prize will be an original framed seascape oil painting by important Greek painter Epameinondas Thomopoulos
- The Competition will comprise of two clues and a question which will be announced by the Ceremony Host online during the Event; the first clue will be presented during the first part of the programme and the second clue and also the question will be given towards the end
- Entrants to the Competition will be required to send their one answer to the following mobile telephone number which is the designated telephone number to receive Competition answers: 00 30 697 232 9725
- The Competition Winner will be the first Entrant to send the correct answer to the mobile telephone number detailed at point 6 above
- Moore Greece will oversee this Competition and will verify and announce the Winner
- The decision of Moore Greece will be final
- Competition Entrants authorise the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame and/or Moore Greece, on its behalf, to contact the Competition Winner to inform them that they are the Winner
- Competition Entrants agree that the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame may publicise the following details of the Competition Winner - name, profession, and company name – in such marketing and publicity for the Virtual Event as the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame sees fit
- The Competition Winner understands that the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame will arrange the transportation of the Competition Prize to the Winner at the expense of the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame
- At its sole discretion, the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame will insure the prize painting for transportation to a value approximately in line with the estimated value recently proposed by a reputable auctioneer, and the Competition Winner accepts that in the event of accidental damage during storage or transit the liability of the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame will on no account exceed this value
- The Competition Winner understands and accepts that the painting has been won in an ‘as is’ condition and that, although the painting appears in good vintage condition, the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame and/or Moore Greece make no warrant as to the painting’s condition, which may include surface dirt, wear and tear and other minor losses or damage appropriate to the painting’s age
- The Competition Winner understands and accepts that the painting is being offered in the antique frame in which it was acquired and the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame and/or Moore Greece make no warrant as to the condition of the frame
- The Competition Winner understands and accepts that the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame and/or Moore Greece will not be responsible for the payment of any import taxes or other dues which may arise at the destination country
- The Competition Winner understands and accepts that transfer of ownership of the painting does not imply any transfer of the underlying copyright
- Employees of Moore Greece are not eligible to participate in this Competition
- Employees and contractors of the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame and/or Phoebe Media & Events are not eligible to participate in this Competition.