This Policy describes the types of information The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame may collect from you including information you may provide when you visit our website as well as the principles and practices for collecting, processing, using, protecting, and disclosing this information. Amendments to this policy may be made from time to time.
Principles of Processing
The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame processes personal data in accordance with the following principles and in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR:
- Lawfulness, Fairness, Transparency: Personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Purpose Limitation: Personal data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Data Minimisation: Processing relates to data that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes it is processed;
- Accuracy: Personal data is accurate, and every reasonable step is taken to ensure that personal data continues to remain accurate and any inaccuracies will be rectified as soon as reasonably possible;
- Storage Limitation: Personal data is held for no longer than is necessary for the purposes and scope of processing. In some instances, The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame may hold personal data for longer periods to comply with its legal obligations;
- Confidentiality and Integrity: Personal data is processed to ensure appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised and unlawful processing, access, and loss;
- Accountability: The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame complies with transparent data protection processing and adheres to its legal obligations in relation to data protection and privacy.
We collect several types of data from and about visitors to The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame website and other sources including:
- Contact details including your name, occupation, email address, whether professional or personal or both, contact telephone number and contact postal address;
- Data for your internet connection such as your IP address, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details connected through the use of “cookies”;
- Details of when we contact you or when you contact us including email correspondence which we keep for a reasonable amount of time to track concerns or problems you have had with our website or our contact with you;
- We collect this data when you navigate The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame website, when you provide us with your data and / or when we collect your publicly displayed contact information.
Use of Information
Information that we collect from you or you provide to us is used by The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame so that we canprovide you with information and developments for The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame, including forthcoming events and other activities including, but not limited to, the sale of tickets to events, sponsorship opportunities associated with events and developments and additions to our website. Furthermore, information may be used in order to attend to and resolve any complaint you may have concerning our customer service to you, to carry out research where we have your consent and for any other purpose whereyour consent has been given..
Disclosure of Information
The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame does not generally disclose personal data collected and processed by it unless such disclosure is expressly required by law, regulations or is necessary for the performance of the processing activities. As part of our compliance with the principle of transparency and to provide you with our services in an effective manner we may need to pass on your personal data to certain third parties. Specifically, we may disclose personal information we collect from you or you provide to us:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To logistics and other shipping and delivery service providers;
- To a regulatory or government authority where required to do so by law;
Your Personal Rights
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain from The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame a confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if it is, to access this personal data and receive a copy;
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to obtain from The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame the rectification of any inaccurate personal data for you.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to obtain from The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame the erasure of your personal data. We will proceed to delete your personal data, where at least one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected;
- You have withdrawn your consent;
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continuing such processing;
- The personal data has to be erased to comply with a legal obligation
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain from The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame the restriction of processing where one of the following reasons apply; the accuracy of the data is contested or the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data or The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame no longer requires the personal data for the purposes of the processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where at least one of the following reasons apply; the processing is based on consent or the processing is based on a contract.
- Right to lodge a complaint: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, the data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Agency (www.dpa.gr) if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes his or her rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you make a request and are not satisfied with our response or you believe that we are illegally processing your personal date you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
To exercise these rights please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Retention and Destruction
The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame will keep your personal data only for as long as it is necessary in order to carry out the scope of the data processing. However, there may be times that we are required to store your personal data for longer periods to comply with a legal obligation. Retaining personal data for a period longer than is actually necessary, contravenes the principles of data minimisation and proportionality and therefore once the data processing is complete or the time period set by law has passed, we will proceed to delete your personal data.
Please contact our administration office at email@example.com, should you have any queries or concerns about our privacy protection practices or believe we have not adhered to this Policy.
This Policy was updated in September 2020.