What Are Cookies
- to enable certain functions of our website
- to provide analytics
- to store your preferences
- to increase our website’s overall effectiveness
Types of Cookies
The following types of cookies exist on the website of The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required to ensure that the website works properly by helping make our website usable to enable basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies;
- Functionality / Preferences Cookies: These enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks such as your preferred language or where you are. Your prior consent is required to use these cookies;
- Statistics/ Analytics Cookies: These assist website owners to understand how visitors interact with their website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Your prior consent is also required to use these cookies;
- Marketing Cookies: These are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable publishers and third-party advertisers. Your prior consent is required to use these cookies.
- Unclassified Cookies: These are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies;
- Third-party Cookies: The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame website may also adopt and use selected third-party cookies which are added to your device not by our website but by a third-party such as an advertiser or an analytic system.
Acceptance or Refusal of Cookies
Changing Your Browser Settings
Your web browser allows you to change your cookies settings. Our website will provide you with a warning before certain cookies are stored on your device. In case you do not want our website to store cookies you can adjust your settings accordingly. You are also able to withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting cookies which have already been stored. Generally, these settings can be found in the menu ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ of your web browser. Procedures to change settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. Use the ‘Help’ function on your browser where necessary. By deactivating cookies used by The Greek Shipping Hall of Fame website your use of our website may be impacted including, but not limited to, the display and functionality of information and materials which form an integral part of the Greek Shipping Hall of Fame.
Please contact our administration office at [email protected] This Policy was updated in September 2020.